You will provide technical support to customers covering networking, IP telephony, wired and wireless network solutions. The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide telephone technical support to clients in relation to wired and wireless network solutions.
- Assistance in the procurement, provision, implementation and support of wired and wireless network solutions.
- First & Second line technical support to clients.
- Out of hours support to customers as part of the company on call rota.
- To undertake network configuration, technical and security verification.
- Pro-active system/network performance monitoring.
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting, fault finding investigation and analysis.
- The creation and maintenance of network / system documentation and records.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required for the post:
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent (wireless preferably)
- Desirable qualifications – Ruckus Wiseguy, or Aruba/HP equivalent.
- Experience installing & troubleshooting LAN/WLAN Networks.
- Experience with VLANs.
- Experience with VPN Solutions (Cisco preferably)
- Firewall configuration
- Implementing, troubleshooting networks in a multi-vendor network environment.
- VoIP Telephony experience (Preferred but not essential)
- A Minimum of two years’ experience in a 1st/2nd line support or field equivalent role.
- Good telephone manner.
- Experience updating CRMs/helpdesk systems.
- Full driving licence is desirable.
- Willingness to work additional hours as and when required
- Out of Hours support Rota (1 week in 5 currently)
- Good Communication skills – both oral/written.
- Good MS Office skills – Word/Excel & PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant technical role: 2 years’ minimum
Apply for this role by submitting your confidential CV and covering letter- email@example.com