Performance Networks are a fast-growing specialist WiFi provider, we pride ourselves on providing innovative services and the highest standards of service to our clients. We work across the UK based from our HQ in Nottingham, serving clients within hospitality, education, finance and public sectors along with a wide range of corporate businesses. Since being founded in 2012 we have seen continued growth and have been publicly recognised as a high growth, high potential business.
As Senior Network Technician you will provide technical support to colleagues and customers in relation to converged network, wired and wireless network solutions. The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
• Provide pre-sales technical support to colleagues and clients in relation to converged network, wired and wireless network solutions.
• Clarification of client requirements and provision of accurate scope of works.
• Advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, implementation and support of converged network, wired and wireless network solutions.
• Provide end user support and training.
• Second & third line technical support to both clients and colleagues.
• Remote and on-site support services.
• Out of hours support to customers as part of the company on call rota.
• To undertake network infrastructure design, configuration, technical and security verification.
• Functionality and process testing to ensure specifications meet customer system needs.
• System and network error testing and the identification of error sources, proposal and implementation solutions.
• The delivery and implementation of wired/wireless converged networks in client premises including project management / lead technician responsibilities.
• Pro-active system/ network performance monitoring.
• Remote and on-site troubleshooting, fault finding investigation and analysis.
• The creation and maintenance of network / system documentation and records.
• Perform WiFi site surveys – both passive & active.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required for the post:
• Cisco CCNP essential (preferably wireless but would look at other CCNP levels.)
• Qualifications, Ruckus Wiseguy, or Aruba/HP equivalent.
• Enterprise Networking (large scale networks)
• Experience installing & troubleshooting LAN/WLAN Networks.
• LAN/WLAN Networking Design.
• Experience on VPN Solutions (Cisco preferably)
• Firewalls / Security / Applications / Traffic Management.
• Migrating, Implementing, troubleshooting networks in a multi-vendor network environment
• Wired / Wireless Solution Surveys – Preferably using Air-magnet or Ekahau tools. Also desired is experience with non 802.11 interference, diagnosing issues using RF Spectrum analysers.
• VoIP Telephony experience (Preferred but not essential)
• A Minimum of two years’ experience in a 2nd line support or field equivalent role.
• Customer and/or main contractor liaison.
• Responsibility for technical verification / authorisation of solution configurations
• Creation and completion of system documentation and other network administration
• Full driving licence is essential
• Willingness to work additional hours as and when required
• Experience of travelling and working throughout the UK.
• Out of Hours 3rd line support Rota(1 week in 4/5 currently)
• Good Communication skills – both oral/written.
• Good MS Office skills – Word/Excel & PowerPoint.
* Please note no applications will be considered without a relevant covering letter including salary expectations.
An initial telephone interview may be required
Location: Field (UK wide) & office based (Nottingham)
Hours: 9:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
Basic salary: Negotiable dependant on applicant plus on target commission payments
Package: Company Vehicle / Smart phone / Laptop
As a growing company we are always looking for good people to join our family.
If you would like to invest in your career and join our team submit your confidential CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with the role.
Performance Networks Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.