SupaFi: Wireless Hotspots That Provide Data To Businesses
Wireless or WiFi Hotspots allow people in public locations to use mobile devices – such as their smartphone or laptops – to connect to wireless networks whilst on the go. Wireless Hotspots can be located anywhere, from cafes to airports. To access public WiFi networks, users are typically required to log-in via social media accounts or emails. This in turn provides businesses with a wealth of information.
Did you know that by asking WiFi guests to access your network via their social media accounts, you could access a mine of demographically profiled marketing information?
Many venues offer free WiFi networks to their guests, but don’t gather information to support their marketing campaigns. With a Performance Networks SupaFi portal, you can provide internet access via a Wireless Hotspot in exchange for Facebook likes, Twitter followers or email addresses.
1 in 3 people in the UK use Facebook everyday – that’s 24 million people sharing updates or photos, or liking posts and pages. When high volumes of social traffic combine with public WiFi Hotspots, it allows the network owners or businesses to gather data. This customer data can then be used for highly targeted marketing activities.
If users sign-in to the SupaFi portal via social media, this activity appears in their social media feeds. On average, each Facebook user has an average over 300 friends. So if just twenty people log on to your WiFi Hotspot, your business could be promoted to thousands of potential customers.
How our SupaFi portal works:
We provide a bespoke log-in or ‘portal’ page. This is a user-friendly, designed page which you can personalise with your logo.
In order to access the internet via your Wireless Hotspot your guests can choose to like you on Facebook, follow you on Twitter or submit their email addresses.
This new social media activity displays on your guests’ Facebook news or Twitter feeds, promoting your hotel to a ready-made target demographic. Studies show that each Facebook user in the UK has an average of 200 friends. If just ten people log on to your WiFi, you could reach up to 2000 new customers through their network.
You’ll benefit from building a solid base of ‘likes’ and ‘follows’ so that subsequent social media marketing campaigns are seen by a high number of warm guests. This will improve your return business by keeping you front of mind.
You’ll capture email addresses for future e-marketing campaigns and benefit from free exposure across Facebook or Twitter to a new potential customer base.
Benefits of SupaFi:
- Integrate SupaFi into to your existing WiFi network without the need to change the equipment.
- No social media management needed: your network will grow as your guests ‘like’ you and ‘follow’ you during their stay.
- Free social media advertising to new potential customers within your target demographic
- Collection of live customer email addresses for future campaigns.
- Our graphic-led analysis dashboard makes your customer data easier to digest and use to turbo charge your future marketing.
- Choose to charge for access to the Internet instead, with our range of packages from limited free access to paid premium packages with integrated payment, directly linked to a Paypal account.
- You’ll be able to access your own bespoke SupaFi dashboard, complete with easy-to-read infographics, charts and graphs to make your guest data meaningful.
- You’ll be able to see a demographic breakdown, including percentage of men to women, number of Facebook and Twitter engagements and guest age.
- Not only will you be able to see your presence on social media growing, but you’ll have a wealth of data about your guests to help you craft future targeted marketing campaigns and generate return business.
- Your collated data will be stored at secure UK centres, with security measures in place to protect this information.
- You will be able to download this data in .csv format for easy integration into other software.
Custom Login Screen Examples
Contact us now to see how much more insight your WiFi can provide 0115 822 1212.