Ruckus Big Dog Partner
Performance Networks are proud to have been a Ruckus Big Dog partner for over five years now. This partnership means we’ve deployed Ruckus solutions in many environments – both indoor and outdoor solutions, in sectors including manufacturing, logistics and warehousing, retail, education and student accommodation and hospitality, including restaurants and pubs and hotels.
We were the first UK Ruckus Big Dog partner to deploy their virtual server – Ruckus Virtual Smartcell Gateway (vSCG) – which is now called the “virtual Smartzone” in the cloud.
We can design solutions using the traditional based LAN controllers, cloud controllers or controller-less WiFi networks for the smaller sites.
But, what exactly do we love about being a Ruckus Big Dog partner and their wireless network solutions?
The Access Point (AP) technology is arguably the best out there for omni-directional APs. Their patented Beamflex technology and hardware uses antenna arrays (combinations of antennas) that help turn an omni-directional AP into a semi-directional Access Point for every client device!
This gives improved performance and range for all connected clients, something that’s also really useful in high noise environments like manufacturing plants.
The Ruckus Portfolio Includes:
The options include on-premise, cloud-managed and controller-less solutions. No matter what the size, network layout or capacity requirements are, Ruckus have a controller to fit.
- Smartzone – Comes in appliance and Virtual formats for scalability. Can be on-premise or “cloud”.
- Ruckus Cloud WiFi – Cloud managed WiFi for easy Multi-site deployments.
- Zonedirector – The traditional appliance based controller – small to medium networks.
- Ruckus Unleashed – Where one of the APs acts as the controller – small networks
- Simple, straightforward configuration. One of the easiest to setup “out of the box”.
- Sophisticated user access controls
- Integrated Wi-Fi client performance tools
- Adaptive wireless meshing
- Extensive authentication support
- Rogue AP detection & advanced Wi-Fi security features
- Robust network management.
2: Wireless Access Points (APs)
The Ruckus wireless access points have superior antenna arrays, which are packed with patented technologies. They also have a great selection of both indoor and outdoor APs, many of which have built in directional antennas ranging from 30 to 120 degrees.
The above combination and sheer range of APs makes Ruckus ideal for challenging areas with differing WiFi requirements, like warehousing, manufacturing and logistics/supply chain companies. They do also have a few patch antennas in the range if you do need a very narrow beam – 7-10 degrees.
Indoor Access Points:
They have a large range of indoor APs – a few are listed below, ranging from 802.11ac wave2 APs to 802.11ax APs. We list a few of the range below:
- R730 – 802.11ax 8×8:8 AP with 5Gbps backhaul.
- R720 – 802.11ac wave 2 4×4:4 AP with 2.5Gbps backhaul.
- R610 – 802.11ac wave 2 3×3:3 AP.
- R510 – 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 AP.
- M510 – 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 AP with LTE Backhaul.
- H510 – wall mounted 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 AP & switch.
- C110 – wall mounted 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 AP, switch & cable modem.
Outdoor Access Points:
They have a large range of outdoor (IP67)/harsh environment APs – a few are listed below, ranging from 802.11ac wave2 4×4:4 to 2×2:2 APs. These range from Omni-directional APs to 30 degree sector APs. Narrower beams (down to 7 degrees) can be provided via their extensive range of external antennas.
- T811-CM – 802.11ac wave 2 4×4:4 AP with DOCSIS 3.1 Cable modem backhaul.
- T710 – 802.11ac wave 2 4×4:4 omni or sector (120 degree )AP with copper & fibre backhaul.
- T310 – 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 omni or sector (120,or 30 degree)AP with copper backhaul.
- P300 – 802.11ac wave 2 2×2:2 Point to Point (PtP) bridge, with copper backhaul
The Ruckus ICX fixed form-factor family of switches can be used standalone, stacked or within a campus fabric. This flexibility means they can be used in a multi-vendor environment, or as a total standalone solution.
- Standalone – looking at the traditional 3-tier switching model, they have the hardware to cover the access, distribution & core layers.
- Stacking – scale the solution quickly with stacking over Ethernet ports. Multiple 10/40 or 100Gbps SFP modules can be combined to meet your bandwidth requirements. Because the stacking takes place over fibre, you can stack between multiple locations at distances of up to 10Km.
- Campus Fabric – this architecture does away with the traditional 3-tier model. Using an all Ruckus ICX solution you have a single point of control for all of the “campus” switches. The Aggregation/Core switches act as the “Control Bridge” & the Access layer switches become “Fabric Port extender” devices. This enables a true “pay as you grow” architecture. The whole campus appears as a single logical switch.
3-Tier model switch models include:
- Access – ICX 7150 compact, ICX 7150, ICX-7150 Z-Series, ICX 7250
- Access/Aggregation – ICX 7450, ICX 7650
- Aggregation/Core – ICX 7750
4. Software & SAAS – Security, Analytics & Location Solutions.
The portfolio allows you to extract maximum value and maximize security. This includes location and insight analytics plus BYOD enrolment systems.
- Smartcell insight – Powerful reporting & predictive analytics for Ruckus wireless LAN deployments.
- SPOT – Location analytics – analyse footfall, track assets & provide other location services. In real-time or garner historical data.
- Cloudpath – Secure network and BYOD. Secure Network Access. Self-service BYOD & guest access. Certificate management. Policy Management – VLANs/role-based access etc. Integration with Third-party solutions via APIs.
Find out more about our Partnership with Ruckus Big Dog