Senior Network Technician
Location: Performance Networks Limited, The Sir Colin Campbell Building. Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG7 2TU. Salary: Negotiable based on experience. Hours: 9:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 per week) Package: Company Vehicle / Smart phone / Laptop
Working with us, you will provide technical support to colleagues and customers in relation to converged network, IP telephony, wired and wireless network solutions. The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide pre-sales technical support to colleagues and clients in relation to converged network, telephony, wired and wireless network solutions.
- Clarification of client requirements and provision of accurate scope of works.
- Advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, implementation and support of converged network, telephony, wired and wireless network solutions.
- Provide end user support and training.
- First and second line technical support to both clients and colleagues.
- Remote and on-site support services.
- Out of hours support to customers as part of the company on call rota.
- To undertake network infrastructure design, configuration, technical and security verification.
- Functionality and process testing to ensure specifications meet customer system needs.
- System and network error testing and the identification of error sources, proposal and implementation solutions.
- The delivery and implementation of wired/wireless converged networks in client premises including project management / lead technician responsibilities.
- Pro-active system/ network performance monitoring.
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting, fault finding investigation and analysis.
- The creation and maintenance of network / system documentation and records.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required for the post:
- Cisco CCNP (R&S or Wireless), Ruckus Wiseguy, or Aruba/HP equivalent
- Enterprise Networking
- LAN/WLAN Networks
- Networking Infrastructure Design
- IP Routing and Switching Solutions
- VPN Solutions
- Firewalls / Security / Applications / Traffic Management
- Migrating, Implementing, troubleshooting networks in a multi-vendor network environment
- Wired / Wireless Solution Surveys – Preferably Air-magnet or Ekahau experience.
- VoIP Telephony experience (Preferred but not essential)
- Lead technician experience
- Customer and/or main contractor liaison
- Responsibility for technical verification / authorisation of solution configurations
- Creation and completion of system documentation and other network administration
- Full driving licence is essential
- Willingness to work additional hours as and when required
- Experience of travelling and working the UK.
As a growing company we are always looking for good people to join our family.
If you would like to invest in your career and join our team submit your confidential CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with the Senior Network Technician role.
Performance Networks Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Performance Networks Limited,
The Sir Colin Campbell Building,
Nottingham, NG7 2TU
Head Office: +44 (0) 115 822 1212
London Office: +44 (0) 207 148 1780