Location: Performance Networks Limited, The Sir Colin Campbell Building. Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG7 2TU. Salary: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Hours: 9:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
You will provide technical support to customers covering networking, IP telephony, wired and wireless network solutions. The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide telephone technical support to clients in relation to wired and wireless network solutions.
- Assistance in the procurement, provision, implementation and support of wired and wireless network solutions.
- First & Second line technical support to clients.
- Out of hours support to customers as part of the company on call rota.
- To undertake network configuration, technical and security verification.
- Pro-active system/network performance monitoring.
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting, fault finding investigation and analysis.
- The creation and maintenance of network / system documentation and records.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required for the post:
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent (wireless preferably)
- Desirable qualifications – Ruckus Wiseguy, or Aruba/HP equivalent.
- Experience installing & troubleshooting LAN/WLAN Networks.
- Experience with VLANs.
- Experience with VPN Solutions (Cisco preferably)
- Firewall configuration
- Implementing, troubleshooting networks in a multi-vendor network environment.
- VoIP Telephony experience (Preferred but not essential)
- A Minimum of two years’ experience in a 1st/2nd line support or field equivalent role.
- Good telephone manner.
- Experience updating CRMs/helpdesk systems.
- Full driving licence is desirable.
- Willingness to work additional hours as and when required
- Out of Hours support Rota (1 week in 5 currently)
- Good Communication skills – both oral/written.
- Good MS Office skills – Word/Excel & PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant technical role: 2 years’ minimum
As a growing company we are always looking for good people to join our family.
If you would like to invest in your career and join our team submit your confidential CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with the Networking Technician role.
Performance Networks Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Performance Networks Limited,
The Sir Colin Campbell Building,
Nottingham, NG7 2TU
Head Office: +44 (0) 115 822 1212
London Office: +44 (0) 207 148 1780