SENIOR NETWORK TECHNICIAN
Working with us, you will provide technical support to colleagues and customers in relation to converged network, IP telephony, wired and wireless network solutions. The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide pre-sales technical support to colleagues and clients in relation to converged network, telephony, wired and wireless network solutions.
- Clarification of client requirements and provision of accurate scope of works.
- Advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, implementation and support of converged network, telephony, wired and wireless network solutions.
- Provide end user support and training.
- First and second line technical support to both clients and colleagues.
- Remote and on-site support services.
- Out of hours support to customers as part of the company on call rota.
- To undertake network infrastructure design, configuration, technical and security verification.
- Functionality and process testing to ensure specifications meet customer system needs.
- System and network error testing and the identification of error sources, proposal and implementation solutions.
- The delivery and implementation of wired/wireless converged networks in client premises including project management / lead technician responsibilities.
- Pro-active system/ network performance monitoring.
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting, fault finding investigation and analysis.
- The creation and maintenance of network / system documentation and records.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required for the post:
- Cisco CCNP (R&S or Wireless), Ruckus Wiseguy, or Aruba/HP equivalent
- Enterprise Networking
- LAN/WLAN Networks
- Networking Infrastructure Design
- IP Routing and Switching Solutions
- VPN Solutions
- Firewalls / Security / Applications / Traffic Management
- Migrating, Implementing, troubleshooting networks in a multi-vendor network environment
- Wired / Wireless Solution Surveys – Preferably Air-magnet or Ekahau experience.
- VoIP Telephony experience (Preferred but not essential)
- Lead technician experience
- Customer and/or main contractor liaison
- Responsibility for technical verification / authorisation of solution configurations
- Creation and completion of system documentation and other network administration
- Full driving licence is essential
- Willingness to work additional hours as and when required
- Experience of travelling and working the UK.
Apply for this role by submitting your confidential CV and covering letter- email@example.com